It Plays Music. Oh, and videos.
See? Plays videos. Or stalks rabbits. Easter egg..?
The official build of Budgie is hosted on the openSUSE build service. Budgie is designed and built using openSUSE 13.1 so this is our official repository.
Arch Linux (Many thanks to Daniel!) https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/budgie-git/
Fedora (Many thanks to Christopher Meng!)
Budgie requires GObject >= 2.38 which is available only from Fedora 20.https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/budgie
- Lightweight GTK3.10 media application
- Very fast database for fast startup time
- Uses GStreamer-1.0
- Supports audio & video
- Modern UI design
- Client side decorations
- Random/shuffle function, that is actually random. Not the track you just played.
- Configurable directories
- Full screen mode
- New media browsing mode ✓
- Album art (local only right now, no fetching)
- Full screen overlay controls
- Stable database format (final)
- Solid error handling
- Full Wayland support
- iPod support
- Rip media from various sources